The next summer, the sour soup must be accompanied by a bowl of crispy salted eggplant or else the taste of summer rice will not be full. Salted eggplant and pickled cucumber are rustic dishes for Vietnamese people. Each region will have a different way of salting coffee.
One can use many types of tomato for salting such as eggplant, eggplant or eggplant. And among the types of eggplant, the eggplant has the hardest salt when keeping the whole eggplant to salt. How to make eggplant salt crispy, not scum and can be preserved for a long time without worrying about spoiling, not everyone can do it. With the following recipe for salted eggplant, you will immediately have a delicious pot of coffee to eat gradually.
How to choose a cannon:
Tomatoes should choose medium, even fruit. Do not choose tomatoes that are too big or too small. Large eggplants can be aged, and the seeds will be hard.
Choose the eggplant evenly so that the time to ripen the tomatoes is similar to avoid having ripe tomatoes before the ripe ones
Ingredients to prepare to make salted eggplant
– 1kg eggplant
– 1 galangal root
– 1 bulb of garlic
– 2 – 3 chili peppers
– Boiled and cooled water: 2 liters
– Grain salt: 80g
– White sugar: 5g
How to salt eggplant Preliminary ingredients
– Buy tomatoes can be left to dry in the sun for about half an hour to wither less. When salted, the tomato will be more crispy.
– Then wash it off.
– Peeled galangal, thinly sliced. Peel the garlic and leave the cloves whole. Chilli washed, can be cut in half or whole.
– Mix 1 liter of boiled water with 40g of salt until completely dissolved. Cut the tomato knob and then drop the eggplant in a bowl of salted water. This step will help prevent the eggplant from melting and darkening. Soak the tomatoes for about 5 to 10 minutes for the tomatoes to soak up the salt. Then pour into a basket to drain.
– Mix the remaining 1 liter of water with 40g of salt, 5g of sugar. Sugar will help stimulate the fermentation process, helping the eggplant to ripen faster. You can omit this ingredient if you don’t want to. You need to make sure that the salt must be dry, clean and free of impurities so that the tomato salt does not spoil.
– Prepare glass jars with lids or porcelain jars. Do not pickle tomatoes in plastic jars because it will not taste good and may not be good for health. The tomato salt jar must be clean and really dry. If the jar is wet, it will lead to a scum when the tomato is salted.
– Put the eggplant in a jar, add a layer of galangal, garlic and chili for every layer of eggplant. Do it until you run out of tomatoes. Then pour in the salt water.
– Prepare a bamboo blister to put on top to compress the eggplant, if you don’t have a bamboo tray you can use a porcelain plate. The requirement is to submerge the eggplant in salt water. Then insert a heavy object on top to compress the eggplant. Close the lid. Store salted tomatoes in a cool place.
With summer weather, it only takes about 2 days for you to have crispy salted eggplant to eat.
Wish you success with this method of salting eggplant!