Currently, the situation of the Covid-19 epidemic across the country is extremely complicated and unpredictable. The number of new cases is increasing every day, making the health system overloaded. Therefore, Document No. 5599/BYT-MT has been issued by the Ministry of Health providing guidance on isolation of F0 at home.
So for families with F0, F1, what should be done to take good care of their loved ones to ensure their own safety, not to infect nCoV.
Things to pay attention to to avoid nCoV infection when taking care of F0 at home:
– The first thing is that family members must wear masks properly, ensure a minimum distance of two meters for F0 and regularly wash their hands with sanitizer.
– In the isolation room, it is necessary to put a table for essential items for the isolated subjects such as food rations, drinking water and other necessities for F0. F0 needs to use separate bedrooms and bathrooms, not coming into contact with anyone. F0’s waste must be sealed, placed in a separate trash can and handled separately.
– If F0 needs direct care, the caregiver must be equipped with protective equipment, wear a mask at the same time, F0 also need to wear a mask regularly.
Caregivers should wear gloves when handling an infected person’s blood, stool, or body fluids such as saliva, mucus, vomit, and urine. Gloves after use should be put in a plastic bag and then thrown in the trash. At the same time, caregivers need to wash their hands with soap and antiseptic solution immediately.
– The person assigned to take care of F0 must wash their hands often, not touch their eyes, nose and mouth. Isolation Room F0 needs to be regularly cleaned and disinfected surfaces, and can use separate air conditioning but must ensure ventilation, by opening windows frequently to increase air circulation, helping to eliminate droplets respiration from the air.
– People exposed to F0 should stay at home, isolate from the community, if possible, after 2-3 days of exposure to F0 should be tested for the virus.
– Do not share personal items with F0s such as: dishes, cups, towels, mobile phones….
– Personal items that F0 uses such as dishes and other utensils should be washed with hot water and protective gloves should be worn. After removing gloves, wash them with disinfectant.
– F0 at home needs to be supported with basic needs such as:
+ Take medicine if prescribed by the doctor: Provide antipyretic when necessary for F0.
+ F0 needs to drink a lot of water and supplement with juices and get enough rest
+ Buy essential supplies, medicine for F0
– Watch for warning signs that F0 is getting worse, such as shortness of breath; persistent pain, confusion; inability to consciously; skin, lips, fingernails pale, pale, bluish-gray…
When taking care of people in isolation at home, relatives need to note and remember all the above information of the doctor, so that prevention is better than cure.
During the medical isolation period, do not allow other people to enter the house, except for medical staff and authorized persons.
If you have any symptoms of illness such as cough, fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing, you must immediately notify the nearest medical staff.
Daily cleaning and disinfection.
All people living in the same house with F0 will be collected for nCov testing at least 3 times, that is on the 1st, 7th and 14th day from the date of isolation. In case F0 has a caregiver and support person, this person will take nCov samples according to the same time and number of tests as the quarantined person.
The F0 family members need to arrange a separate area for medical staff to conduct testing and medical supervision upon request.