On the days of staying at home, buying food is also somewhat limited. However, in those difficulties is also an opportunity for you to show your talent. Grape sponge cake which is a familiar cake for many people. The cake is soft and moist with a part of sweet and fragrant raisins accompanying it.
How to make grape sponge cake is not difficult, you absolutely can make this cake yourself at home, the success rate is very high! Let’s go to the kitchen to make this delicious cake.
See how to make grape sponge cake at home. 1. Ingredients for making grape sponge cake
– All-purpose flour: 250g
– Unsalted butter at room temperature: 220g
– Powdered sugar: 180g
Eggs: 220g (including shell)
– Baking powder 4g
– Raisins: 50g
– Dried blueberries: 5g
– Rum: 40g
– Sugar: 15g
2. How to make grape sponge cake
Soak grapes and blueberries in rum for at least 8 hours. If you are going to make a cake, it is most convenient to soak it from the night before overnight.
– Cut butter into a mixing bowl and add powdered sugar.
– Use an electric mixer to beat the butter until light in color.
– Break the eggs into a bowl, beat them. Then pour this egg part 3 or 4 times into the beaten butter. Each time you pour, use the whisk to set on low to mix the mixture.
– Mix all-purpose flour with baking powder until smooth. Then pour this flour mixture into the egg butter bowl, continue to use the mixer on low speed.
– When the flour mixture is homogeneous, remove the grapes and blueberries from the rum and put them in the flour bowl, using a flat spatula to mix well.
– Prepare loaf molds (long rectangular molds), lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking for cakes. Pour in the flour mixture, smooth the surface of the dough.
– Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
– Raise the oven temperature to 175 degrees Celsius and then bake the cake on the lowest level of the oven. Bake the cake for 35 minutes.
– While baking, put 15g of granulated sugar and rum in a pot, simmer until the sugar dissolves completely, then let it cool.
– When the baking time is up, you can check to see if the cake is done by using a skewer to remove the toothpick and see if it is completely dry. Because the temperature of each oven is different, you need to actively check the condition of the cake to avoid over-baking.
– When the cake is done, take the cake out of the oven, lift the cake right out of the mold. Use a brush to spread the rum syrup all over the top and around the cake while it is still hot.
– Then wait for the cake to cool completely, then cover the cake with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. The cake taste will be better after 1 day. If you don’t use all the cake, just cover it and keep it in the fridge, it will taste even better!
Grape sponge cake This recipe has a very simple way of doing it, you don’t have to worry about beating the eggs without fluffy or the cake not hatching as you want. Although the grape cake is not high, it is still spongy and soft. Breakfast with a few slices of cake with a glass of fresh milk or afternoon tea with a few slices of this cake is the best!
Wish you success with how to make grape sponge cake recommended by 2dep!