Pickled radish is one of the familiar and rustic ingredients. People can use pickled radish to process into many different attractive dishes such as braised with tofu, stewed with pork bones or fried with eggs. More simply, you can mix radish with vinegar, sugar and eat with white porridge. Many people are worried about food safety and hygiene, so they do it themselves at home.
The way to salt radish at home is also simple and does not take too much of your time. Let’s go with 2Beau to learn the secret to making delicious and successful radishes right from the first time.
1. Ingredients to prepare to make pickled radish
– White radish: 2kg
– Salt: 800 grams
– Tray, glass jar, basket
2. Steps to make pickled radish Step 1: Prepare ingredients nguyên
– After buying radish, you need to wash it with many times with water to wash away the sandy soil, then put it in a basket to wait for it to drain.
– You leave the radishes for about 1-2 days so that the radishes will wilt naturally and help the radishes to be soft and firm when eaten without cracking.
Step 2: Salt radish
– Put the radish in turn into the box to form a layer. Then sprinkle a layer of salt on top. Continue doing this until you run out of beets. The salt layer at the top will be more than the salt layers below to be able to dissolve and penetrate evenly to the bottom.
– Cover the container tightly and let it rest for a month. You watch until the radish is soft and the brine is clear.
Step 3: Soak the pickled radish
– Put all soaked radishes on a large tray. Pour 1/2 amount of salted water into the tray. Dry the radish 3 times in the sun until the pickled radish is drained. The salt layer after crystallization will stick to the radish to be completed.
– The finished product that you get back will be pieces of light brown plastic radish with a layer of salt around. Pickled radish of course is salty, but when washed and processed, it can produce many delicious dishes.
Note when making pickled radish
– Choose moderate-sized radishes, elongated, green stalks and smooth, smooth skin. Do not buy fruit that is too big, dark, or cracked.
– Store pickled radish in a glass jar and you should put it in a dry place. Or you can put it in the fridge to keep it for later.
So the steps to make pickled radish are complete and your family has a delicious batch of radishes to enjoy. Good luck!