How to make Nha Trang fish cake is just a few simple steps. With a little effort, you will have a crispy bread with a rich, delicious sauce that is hard to resist.
Banh mi fish cake is a specialty of Nha Trang coast, loved by locals and tourists from all over the world. Crispy, hot bread served with fresh sea fish cakes. However, the most special part is the fragrant sauce that creates harmony for the whole dish. If you love Banh Mi, come to the kitchen with 2 Beautiful and show off your talent in making this dish right away!
See how to make delicious fish cake at home 1. Ingredients
*Ingredients for making fish cake bread:
– Bread: 5 pieces
– Watermelon fish cake: 250gr
– Carrot: 1 piece
– White radish: 1 bulb
– Lettuce, coriander, cucumber
– Spices: sugar, chili sauce, vinegar, pepper
*Ingredients for making fish cake bread sauce
– Purple onion: 2 pieces
– Fish sauce: 5 tablespoons
– Sugar: 5 tablespoons
– Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
– Garlic, minced chili
– Tapioca starch: 1 tablespoon
2. How to make fish cake
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– Wash the fish with clean water and cut it into small pieces or bite-sized pieces. If storing in the freezer, you should defrost it in the refrigerator first.
– Carrots, white radishes washed, peeled and grated into strands. Then, soak them with vinegar water mixed with white sugar for about 1 hour and then take them out to drain.
– Lettuce remove damaged leaves, crushed leaves and soak with diluted salt water for about 15 minutes and then wash
– Cut cilantro root, wash.
– Cucumber, washed and cut into pieces
Step 2: Fry fish cakes
– Put the pan on the stove, cover with oil and keep on medium heat.
– When the oil is hot, add the fish cakes and stir well so that both sides are golden brown.
Step 3: Make fish cake bread sauce
– Put the pan on the stove, add cooking oil and saute the onion.
– Mix a mixture of filtered water + sugar + fish sauce + lemon juice + minced garlic and chili and pour it into the pan.
– Mix tapioca flour with a little filtered water, use chopsticks to stir until the powder is completely dissolved.
– Pour the flour into the pan and stir clockwise until a thick mixture is obtained.
– Finally, season to taste, add fresh chili if you want to eat spicy.
Step 4: Done
– Toast bread until crispy and then use a knife to cut one side of the bread.
– Add lettuce, cucumber and carrot, shredded white radish. Next is fried fish cake and spread a layer of sauce, chili sauce, mayonnaise on the bread.
– Finally, add a little cilantro to make the dish more delicious and eye-catching!
Tips for making delicious fish cakes, everyone will love it
– In the process of frying fish cakes, you should not let the fire be too high, it will cause the fried parts to dry out and shrink.
– In addition to calamari, you can completely replace it with basa fish, mackerel, perch or steamed, fried fish depending on your preference.
– Bread should be toasted hot and crispy, should not use cold or stale bread, it will make the dish lose 50% of its deliciousness.
– In addition to the way to make fish cake sauce as above, you can use tomatoes, chicken broth or bone broth to make the sauce have different flavors.
So with just a few simple steps, you have a delicious Nha Trang fish cake, very suitable for breakfast. Good luck!