Madeleine, a small French pastry, has a light and spongy texture on the inside, with a crispy edge that is perfect for snacking, drinking with tea. At that time, the soft buttery texture that melts in your mouth will bring you interesting experiences.
Madeleine has a characteristic scalloped shape, the ingredients are just the basic ingredients of ordinary gauze, so it is very suitable for you to make yourself without much experience or sophisticated preparation.
Refer to how to make Madeleine 1. Ingredients and equipment required:
Madeleine scallop mold
Europe mix flour
Hand mixer or stand mixer
– 100g unsalted butter
– 2 large eggs at room temperature
– 100g of granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 100g all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 pinch of salt
2. How to make Madeleine Cake
– Put the scallop mold in the freezer.
– Melt the butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the butter is completely melted, pour it into a bowl and let it cool.
– Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl, then mix well and set aside.
Place eggs and sugar in a bowl or stand mixer with whisk or large bowl if using an electric hand mixer. Beat eggs at high speed until eggs are golden yellow, thick, then mix in vanilla and lemon zest.
– You sift the flour mixture into the eggs and mix gently to avoid clumping.
– After the mixture is homogeneous, add the melted butter, gently mix until the mixture is homogeneous.
– Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
– Spread a thin layer of butter all over the shell to prevent sticking. Then scoop each spoon of dough into the scallop mold.
– Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius first, then put the cake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, then the cake is cooked.
The cooked cake can be easily removed from the mold, then sprinkled with a little more powdered sugar if desired.
3. Tips for creating the signature French Madeleine bulge
– You need to cool the Madeleine mold before pouring the dough in.
Dough needs to be refrigerated for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours. The dough will thicken.
– Bake the cake over high heat when the oven has been preheated.
The cake will taste better if served with tea or coffee!
Wish you success with How to make Madeleine Cake Standard French recipe suggested by 2dep!