Korean Grilled Chicken Wings are a delicious and easy way to spice up your family’s dinner.
There are many dishes made from chicken in Korea, this Korean style grilled chicken wing is one of the easiest to make and delicious to eat. You just need to marinate the meat and put it in the refrigerator overnight and then put it back in the oven to cook, super simple right?
See how to make Korean-style grilled chicken wings at home. Ingredients: Chicken wings: 1kg chicken wings 250ml fresh milk without sugar ¼ tablespoon sea salt or granulated salt, ¼ tablespoon pepper powder ½ tablespoon dried rosemary leaves, roasted sesame, chopped scallions Sauce: 1.5 1 tablespoon Korean chili powder (Gochugaru) 3 tablespoons Korean chili sauce (Gochujang) 2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 tablespoons honey 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 tablespoon oyster sauce 1 tablespoon rice wine 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 – 2 chopped fresh chili peppers How to make Korean grilled chicken wings:
– Rinse the chicken in cold water, drain and put in a bowl. Add milk, salt, black pepper and rosemary leaves and mix well. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for about 20 minutes. Drain the milk for about 5 minutes.
– Put all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Put the chicken in a large ziplock bag and add 2/3 of the sauce, the remaining 1/3 of the sauce for later. Seal the bag and shake the bag vigorously and massage the chicken so that the sauce is evenly absorbed into the chicken. Marinate it for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
– Preheat oven at 220 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator. Spread some parchment paper on a baking tray and arrange the chicken. Make sure they are not stacked on top of each other.
– Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the tray, turn the chicken over and put it back in the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes. In the meantime, prepare clean baking paper to line another baking tray. This step is only required if the chicken wings have a lot of water on the tray.
– Transfer chicken wings to a new tray. Brush the chicken wings with the rest of the sauce (from step 2). Bake for 2 more minutes or until skin is golden. Flip the wings over and spread the sauce over the other side, and bake for another 2 minutes or until the skin is golden.
Take out the tray of grilled chicken wings. Arrange grilled chicken wings on a plate, sprinkle with roasted sesame and green onions to enjoy.
Tips for better Korean-style grilled chicken wings:
– When washing the layer of milk on the chicken wings, don’t try to remove the rosemary leaves clinging to the chicken skin, just leave the leaves there so that when baking will increase the aroma for the chicken wings.
– If you have tonkatsu vegetable sauce, you can add 1 tablespoon to the sauce to make the sauce more delicious.
Wish you success with the way Korean style grilled chicken wings recommended by 2dep!