Salt and pepper toast is a unique snack that is loved by many people. With this delicious chili salt toast recipe, you can eat it whenever you feel like it.
Salt and pepper toast originated from the Khmer, then spread to neighboring provinces and became the most popular snack of young people from North to South. Everyone loves the crispy pieces of bread, adding a little bit of water, fat, salt, pepper, and salt. Not only that, thanks to the flexible variation of different ingredients, each salted chili bread has a different great taste.
This dish is very simple to make, the ingredients are easy to find, and it only takes about 15 minutes to make. So what are you waiting for, let’s learn how to make salt and pepper bread now!
Refer to how to make delicious salt and pepper toast at home 1. Ingredients to prepare to make salt and pepper toast
– Bread: 3 pieces
– Quail eggs: 6 eggs
– Instant sausage: 3 pieces
– Butter: 1 box
– Pork roll: 50gr
– Dried shrimp (if any): 30gr
– Garlic: 1 bulb
– Fresh onions: 2 branches
– Condiments: chili sauce, satay, mayonnaise, sugar
2. How to make salt and pepper toast
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– Wash the quail eggs, put them in a pot to boil. Then take it out, let it cool down and peel it off. You can halve or cut the eggs into small pieces.
– Sausage peeled, cut into fibers about 5cm long or sliced depending on preference. If using smoked sausage, fry it in oil and then cut it into small pieces.
– Dried shrimp, soak in water for about 15 minutes to soften, then take out, wash and drain.
– Cut the scallions from the root, wash, drain and then chop finely.
– Peeled garlic, minced.
Step 2: Make satay sauce and onion fat
– Dried shrimp put into the blender puree. Put the pan on the stove, add 2 tablespoons of butter to melt, add the fried garlic. When the garlic is fragrant, add the minced shrimp and stir-fry until cooked.
– Mix satay sauce: 2 spoons of satay, 2 spoons of chili sauce, 1 spoon of sugar, 30ml of filtered water, stir well and bring to a boil. When the sauce is thick and has a light consistency, turn off the heat.
– Put the pan on the stove, put the cooking oil in the pan and heat it. Add the green onions to the island, then turn off the heat, pour into a separate bowl.
Step 3: Bake the bread
– Put the bread on the cutting board, use a rolling pin to flatten the bread about 1cm.
– Before baking, use a brush to spread butter and satay on both sides of the bread. If using the oven, you only need to bake for 3 minutes. If using a charcoal stove, put the bread on the griddle for about 3 minutes, then turn it over and bake for about 1 more minute. If using a pan, the method is the same as with a grill. When you feel the aroma, remove the cake.
Step 4: Done
– After the bread is baked, cut it into bite-sized pieces, arrange sausages, quail eggs, shrimp paste, onion fat and satay evenly on top. Garnish with mayonnaise and chili sauce for a more beautiful dish.
Some tips for making delicious salt and pepper toast at home
– Salted chili toast is best when eaten hot, should not be eaten when it is cold because the cake will be very tough. So, wherever you go to make a cake, eat there to ensure the taste and deliciousness of the cake.
– Should use thick bread, when cut into pieces, it will be more beautiful.
– Roll the bread flat, the flatter the better, it will help the cake to be hot from the inside out and crispy.
– When you put green onions in cooking oil, don’t leave it for too long, it will cause the onions to ripen and become mushy.
– You can change, add or subtract different types of fillings depending on your preferences.
Above, 2 Beautiful shared how to make delicious salt and pepper toast at home. So what are you waiting for, go to the kitchen and show off your talent in making this delicious, spicy and savory side dish for the whole family to enjoy. Good luck!