Stinky tofu is a common street food in China, Taiwan or Hong Kong. Although it has a very “unpleasant” characteristic smell, once you taste it, you will definitely be defeated by this “addictive” dish. No need to go to China or Taiwan, you can follow how to make fried rotten tofu that 2Beauty is about to introduce to have a delicious dish to treat the family.
See how to make crispy fried tofu 1. Ingredients to prepare to make crispy fried tofu
– Tofu: 1kg
– Salt: 100 grams
– Cooking oil: 10ml
– Alcohol 40 degrees: 200 ml
– Boiled and cooled water: 1 liter
2. Steps to have deep fried rotten tofu
Step 1: Prepare and make moldy fermented tofu
After washing the tofu, drain the water and cut it into bite-sized squares.
– Arrange the cut beans on a tray or tray, you need to arrange so that the pieces of tofu have a distance. Underneath the tofu should be a little paper towel or clean straw to create more moisture in the air inside.
– Use plastic wrap or plastic bags to cover the bean tray.
– To block the light that can shine on the bean tray, you can use additional items such as a mat or a small canvas to cover.
– After you have done the above operations, you need to leave the bean tray in the shade, absolutely avoid light and wind for about 5 days for the tofu to ferment mold.
– Note: The space for the beans to ferment the mold is very important. The place for moldy beans must be clean, avoid spaces with many bacteria such as toilets, near drains, etc.
– Only continue to process the next stitch if the moldy yarn is white or light yellow. If you see green or black mold, you must immediately remove it.
Step 2: Incubate the tofu
– When the tofu has grown moldy, you use 50 grams of salt to sprinkle evenly on the surface of the beans and then put them in glass jars.
– Pour alcohol 40 degrees and 50 grams of salt into the boiled water to cool, after stirring to dissolve the mixture evenly in the water, pour this water into a glass jar so that the surface of the beans is submerged and then continue to incubate in a place where there is no water. Cool climate for about 10 days, then bring it to use.
Step 3: Fry the tofu
– Take the tofu that has been incubated for 10 days, drain the water and fry in hot oil until the tofu turns golden on both sides.
Step 4: Mix dipping sauce and enjoy
– Although you can eat deep fried rotten tofu with chili sauce, chili powder or black sauce, this dish will taste best when combined with homemade sauce. You bring soy sauce to boil with chili sauce and then add a little vinegar and chili, then you will have an extremely attractive viscous sauce when served with deep fried rotten tofu.
3. Some tips for authentic Chinese fried rotten tofu
– When choosing tofu to bring home for incubation, it is necessary to choose a delicious, light and smooth tofu. In particular, you should choose pieces that are ivory white, avoid pieces that have turned yellow or yellow.
– Pay special attention to moldy fibers before salting beans. Only white or light yellow mold is qualified, if green or black mold is damaged beans, potentially toxic, should not be eaten.
– To make the dish more delicious, when frying, you can replace the oil with fat so that the rotten tofu is fatter and richer when fried.
– You can eat fried rotten tofu with kimchi or pickled cabbage to increase the attractiveness of the dish.
With how to make fried rotten tofu simple at home on, hope you can succeed and day at home.