Caramel is a favorite snack of many people because it is both fragrant and fatty, eaten alone or mixed with jelly and pearls. Instead of buying from a store, you can make your own make caramel at home. With the following detailed instructions on how to make caramel, you will be successful from the first time, the caramel is smooth without pitting. Let’s get to work together!
Refer to how to make caramel at home 1. Ingredients for making caramel (4 small boxes)
– 10g of water
– 35g in diameter
– 2-3 drops of lemon
– 1 egg yolk
– 2 whole eggs
330g fresh milk without sugar
2. How to make caramel
Step 1: Make caramel sauce
– Choose a thick base pot for 35g of diameter and 10g of water. Shake well to infuse the water into the sugar. Turn on the stove to low heat. Do not stir the sugar, let the sugar flow naturally.
– After the sugar turns to the color of cockroach wings, turn off the stove. Squeeze 2-3 drops of lemon juice in to avoid hardening the caramel.
– Prepare heat-resistant molds, pour caramel into each mold. Quickly coat evenly so that the caramel covers the entire mold.
Step 3: Prepare the caramel
– Put fresh milk and sugar in a pot, put on the stove to simmer, stir gently until the sugar dissolves. Milk is only in a warm state, do not let it boil.
– Crack 2 eggs and add 1 egg yolk to the bowl. Defeat.
– When the milk is warm and the sugar has dissolved, slowly pour this milk into the egg. Just pour and stir.
– Then sift the egg-milk mixture about 2-3 times to get a smooth, smooth mixture without lumps.
– Divide this pudding into caramelized jars. If air bubbles appear, gently touch with a spatula to remove air bubbles.
– Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius about 15 minutes in advance. Pour the water about 1/4 of the tray high, then put the caramel jars in, place the baking tray in the middle. Bake in caramelized water for 50 minutes. This time applies to the division of small caramel jars, if poured into a large mold, you need to check if the caramel is cooked by using a toothpick to poke into the caramel layer, pull out the toothpick to see if it is dry and not wet.
– When caramel is cooked, take it out to cool completely, then cover it and put it in the fridge.
– When eating, use a sharp knife to gently slip around the side of the jar and then turn the jar upside down on the plate, the caramel will easily come off.
So the caramel is done. Caramel is cool, lightly fragrant with sugar, and the smooth and silky pudding must be loved by everyone who eats it.
3. Tips for successful caramelization:
Using the water bath method is the best way to prevent the caramel from pitting.
– If you use a steamer, you need to put a thin towel on the bottom of the tray, then arrange the caramel jars on top, cover the lids of each caramel jar during the steaming process. Keep the heat low during the steaming process.
– Should chill the caramel for at least 2 hours before enjoying it will be more delicious.
– Remember to choose a mold that can withstand oven heat
Wish you success with how to make caramel recommended by 2dep!