Another Mid-Autumn Festival has come and many women have started to come up with ideas to make moon cakes for their families. There are many variations of mooncakes in both appearance and taste that everyone will love.
And recently, a Facebook account named Hang Le shared how to make cartoon moon cake filled with green beans, given to the children on this full moon festival. In particular, the steps of shaping and molding cakes are quite simple and children can completely do it together with adults.
Let’s go with 2 Beautiful to discover this extremely interesting cake recipe right now!
Suggestions on how to make animated moon cakes 1. Ingredients to prepare to make animal-shaped moon cakes
– Green beans: 200 grams
– Sugar: 150 grams
– Cooking oil: 100 grams
– Malt: 60 grams
– Cake flour: 50 grams
– Korean corn sugar water: 140 grams
– Wheat flour: 220 grams
– Food coloring: 1 drop
2. Steps to make animated moon cakes
Step 1: Multiplier
– First, you soak the green beans in a pot of warm water for about 1 hour and then cook with water on the stove until the beans are soft.
– Dissolve 50 grams of glutinous rice flour with 30 grams of cooking oil (known as oil powder mixture)
– After the green beans are cooked, grind them with sugar and the remaining 30 grams of cooking oil. Put this mixture in a non-stick pan and add 60 grams of malt and slurry.
– Use chopsticks to stir the mixture continuously at low heat so that the mixture does not burn the bottom and clump. When the slug is close, the mixture is heavy, quite thick, then you put the oil powder in.
– When adding oil powder, the mixture that you slug will become heavier. When it has thickened, the slug process ends. After being slug, it will be very smooth, soft, and flexible but will not stick to your hands.
– You can try filling by as soon as it is hot, take out a small portion and then round it up. If the filling keeps its shape, or can still stand upright, not flowing, not mushy, it means that the kernel is already slug.
– The filling has been completed, spread it out on a tray and wait for it to cool. Occasionally, you should also stir well so that the face of the filling is not dry.
– Wait until the filling has cooled down, divide the filling into equal parts of about 60 grams and then round.
Step 2: Make the crust
First of all, you mix well the sugar water mixture with cooking oil, food coloring together. You can completely divide this mixture into several parts and then each part mix a separate color to make the final product more beautiful and vivid.
Add flour at the end and knead until a homogeneous dough is formed.
– Divide the dough into equal parts about 20 grams. Then, spread each part out and wrap it around the edge of the filling and round it up..
– Use the colored powder parts to create the shape of eyes, nose and mouth to make the cake more vivid.
Step 3: Bake the cake
– You preheat the oven for about 10 minutes and then arrange the cake lined with paper on the baking tray.
– Start baking at 150 – 165 degrees C for about 10 minutes.
– Then, you remove the cake tray, spray water and wait for it to cool down.
– Continue to put the cake tray in to bake the second time but lower it by 5 degrees compared to the first time.
So the batch of mooncakes is complete. You can leave that cake for about 2-3 days so that the filling can soak into the crust, it will be more delicious when eaten. Because, after baking, the cake will usually be quite dry and hard.
I wish you success with how to make animated moon cakes for this year’s full moon season!