Anchovy sticky rice – a seemingly unrelated combination, but it is a famous specialty of the coastal city of Nha Trang. Those who have ever enjoyed this dish must never forget the fragrant plasticity of sticky rice, the rich salty taste of anchovies… the more they eat, the more addicted they become. In this article, 2 Beautiful will share with you how to make delicious anchovy sticky rice, whenever you crave, you can easily prepare it at home. Let’s consult now!
1. Ingredients for making anchovy sticky rice
– Dried anchovies: 150gr
– Sticky rice: 500gr
Garlic: 2 cloves (minced)
– Chili: 5 fruits
– Purple onion: 200gr
– Green onions: 5 branches
– Fish sauce: 3 tablespoons
– Cooking oil: 320 ml
– Sugar, salt, seasoning
How to make anchovy sticky rice
Step 1: Prepare and fry dried anchovies
– Dried anchovies after buying, wash them, remove the fish that are too small or damaged.
– Then, soak the dried fish with about 700ml of water for about 15 minutes, then take it out, drain.
– Put the pan on the stove, add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil to the pan.
– When the oil is hot, put the dried anchovies on the island and fry until golden brown for 3-5 minutes.
– When the fish is cooked, take it out and put it on paper towels to absorb oil.
Step 2: Rim anchovies
– Put 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in the pan, when the oil is hot, add minced garlic, whole chili and saute.
– Add 3 tablespoons of filtered water, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of seasoning seeds to stir well.
– When the sauce is mixed together, add the dried anchovies, stir well to absorb the seasoning. Seasoning to taste again.
– When the mixture is almost dry, turn off the heat, scoop the rimmed anchovies onto a plate.
Step 3: Cook sticky rice
– Glutinous rice is washed and soaked overnight to bloom.
– Add 1 tablespoon salt to 500g glutinous rice and mix well. This will make the sticky rice more rich and delicious.
– Put the sticky rice into the steamer, use a spoon to press to create more holes to help the sticky rice cook evenly.
Close the lid and steam the sticky rice for about 25 minutes.
– If you don’t have a steamer, you can refer to how to cook sticky rice with a rice cooker!
Step 4: Make fried onions and onion fat
– Use a knife to grate 200g of purple onion, then expose it to the sun for about 2 hours.
– Put 100ml of cooking oil in the pan. When the oil is hot, add the purple onions and stir, fry until the onions turn yellow, then turn off the heat.
– Scallions are washed, cut into small pieces and then drizzled with boiling oil to make onion fat.
3. Finished Product
Put sticky rice on a plate, scoop up some anchovies, fried onions and onion fat and you will have a delicious breakfast to treat the whole family. Delicious sticky rice, eaten with crispy, rich anchovies, fatty onion fat, makes the dish more delicious. In addition, you can also add rimmed anchovy sauce to the sticky rice to increase the flavor of the dish! Good luck!