Eel porridge is a favorite dish of many people, even eel porridge is one of the very famous dishes in Nghe An. Eel not only has a unique and delicious taste but also contains many nutrients, but many people are still afraid to cook eel porridge themselves because of the fishy worries.
To cook a pot of eel porridge is actually not as complicated as many people think. And you can completely cook it yourself at home without having to buy it from outside, especially you can still ensure the nutrition and taste of this dish. Therefore, 2Beautiful will share with you how to cook eel porridge Very delicious at home, nutritious but not afraid of being fishy.
1. Refer to how to cook eel porridge at home 1.1 Ingredients to prepare to cook eel porridge
– 500 grams – 800 grams of field eel
– 1 bowl of glutinous rice (you should mix 1 handful of glutinous rice with plain rice to make the porridge more fragrant and soft)
– Green onions, dried onions, cilantro, coriander
– Spices: fish sauce, turmeric powder, seasoning seeds, salt, ground pepper, …
1.2 Steps to cook eel porridge
Step 1: Clean and prepare
– After buying eel, you need to soak the eel in a bowl of water to wash the rice for about 1-2 hours so that the eel releases all the mud and sand.
– Next, you drain the eel in a bowl of rice water or you can also bury the eel in the kitchen ash to help the eel be cleaner. In addition, you can completely use half a bowl of vinegar or a handful of salt to remove the viscous part of the eel.
– Use a knife to make an incision in the abdomen of the eel and remove the viscera. Then, you use salt water and rinse the eel several times to remove the fishy smell of the eel.
– North on the stove a pot of boiling water and then skillfully drop the eel in to boil until the eel is cooked. If you want the eel to be 100% clean of the fishy smell, you can drop a few slices of turmeric or ginger in the pot of water.
– Remove the eel to a plate after it is cooked, wait for it to cool down and then start removing the meat.
Step 2: Prepare broth
Take the head and bones of the eel to cook the broth. Put in a pot with a little salt and then cook on the stove for about 15-20 minutes to make the broth sweet and rich, then remove the head and bones.
Step 3: Prepare porridge
– Wash the rice and then drain the water.
– Can be pounded so that the rice is broken, the porridge grains are smaller and smoother.
– Put the rice in the pot, add the eel broth and put in ½ teaspoon of salt.
– Heat on the stove, turn down the heat until the porridge is cooked.
– In the process of cooking porridge on the stove, you must use chopsticks to stir continuously, evenly so that the porridge does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
– Put the pan on the stove, pour in a little cooking oil and wait for it to boil, then drop the minced garlic in to fry until golden aroma.
– Then, pour in all the removed eel meat to stir-fry. Add a little ground pepper, ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, fish sauce, seasoning seeds to make the eel meat richer and more delicious.
– When the porridge pot is ready, pour all the eel meat into the pot. Use chopsticks to stir well and taste the seasoning again to suit your taste.
– Gently scoop the porridge into the bowl, sprinkle on a little green onion, fried onion, ground pepper, cilantro, let it cool a bit and enjoy.
The secret to choosing eel and cooking delicious eel porridge
– Do not choose dead eels, must choose live eels.
– If you don’t want to eat the eel skin, pour boiling water over it and the eel skin will peel off by itself.
– You do not need to stir-fry, but you can put the eel in to simmer to make it fragrant and retain nutrients.
– In the process of cooking porridge, if adding water, must add old hot water, do not add cold water.
Above is how to cook eel porridge that you can use to cook for your kids or to improve your whole family’s meals. Good luck!