If your family does not have specialized stewing pots available, the way to cook lotus root chicken with a rice cooker will help you have a delicious soup quickly and easily.
Chicken stewed with lotus root – a dish that not only brings delicious taste to people to enjoy but also contains many nutrients, very good for our health. This dish contains a very high nutritional content, suitable for both adults and children, especially those who are sick.
However, there are quite a few people who are afraid of this dish because they think the processing will be very awkward or the family does not have a dedicated pot for stewing. But don’t worry, because this dish can be made completely with a tool and every family has it, which is a rice cooker. It only takes 30 minutes to prepare and your family can enjoy this dish together. Let’s explore with 2Beautiful How to cook chicken with lotus root in a rice cooker right now!
Refer to how to cook lotus root chicken with rice cooker at home 1. Standard ingredients to cook chicken stew with lotus root Chicken Ta (you can buy whole chicken to stew or you can just buy chicken thighs) Lotus root Salt, ginger Rice vinegar Seasoning powder, fish sauce 2. Steps to cook lotus root chicken
Step 1: Prepare all ingredients
– After buying chicken, please clean it using granulated salt and rub it vigorously on the chicken body to remove the odor. Then rinse the chicken several times under water.
– Next, cut the chicken into small pieces to fit your mouth and then put it in a separate car bowl.
– The lotus root is shaved off the outer shell and then cut the lotus root into bite-sized diagonal slices. After that, you soak the entire cut lotus root in a basin of water with salt and rice vinegar already added.
– Soak the lotus in it for about 15 minutes and then take it out. With this preliminary processing of lotus root, when cooking lotus root, it has a more eye-catching white color and makes your dish much more attractive.
Step 2: Marinate chicken with spices
The next step is to marinate the chicken. Quantify the spices you need to marinate chicken as follows: ½ teaspoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon seasoning powder.
– Mix the seasoning with the chicken to absorb the seasoning evenly. Then let the chicken rest for about 15-20 minutes.
Step 3: Chicken stew
– You pour a sufficient amount of water into a pot and put it on the stove to boil.
– When the water in the pot starts to boil, put the chicken in and then blanch it with water. Then, quickly take the chicken out and set aside to drain.
– Put the blanched chicken, lotus root, some sliced ginger and water and in the rice cooker.
– You estimate the level of water just enough to eat for your whole family. Then, close the lid and turn on the button like normal rice cooking.
– About 20 minutes later, you open the lid and stir the chicken pot.
– The last step, taste the seasoning to see if it is suitable for your family’s taste. Cook for another 10 minutes and enjoy.
Tips to cook delicious lotus root chicken
– You should choose to buy chickens that are firm, not too big.
– Lotus roots should not be chosen too white even if they have not been peeled because they may have been soaked in white before.
– The water for blanching the chicken should be discarded, not mixed with water to stew chicken in the rice cooker.
This dish is best when served hot. Each piece of tender chicken stew, crispy lotus root will surely bring your whole family a delicious meal. Above is How to cook chicken with lotus root in a rice cooker Very simple at home. Good luck with your application!