Pack some delicious sweet potato dishes to enrich your meal with this nutrient-dense root!
Not only is it an easy and delicious food to prepare, but sweet potatoes also contain many healthy nutrients. Especially for those who are losing weight or need to control their sugar levels, this is a dish that often appears in meals.
If you are bored with boiled sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, you can refer to 15 delicious food from sweet potatoes that 2Beau shared below to enrich the menu with her sweet potatoes.
Korean sweet potato cake
Sweet potatoes with sugar
Sweet potato cocoon
Sweet potato tea
Sweet potato shake (cheese, soot, seaweed…)
Spiced sweet potato snack
Purple sweet potato crepe
Purple sweet potato cheese cake
Sweet potato milk
Sweet potato ice cream
Dried sweet potato
Sweet potato jelly
Fried sweet potato cake with sesame
Sweet potato dumplings
Sweet potato moon cake
Tips for choosing delicious sweet potatoes
– Should choose sweet potatoes with a round or elongated shape, the appearance is not cracked or chipped.
– Choose to buy medium sized tubers, do not buy too big tubers because they are often fibrous.
– Do not choose tubers that have turned black or have pitted spots.
– With sweet potatoes, do not choose the tubers that are too fresh because at this time, the potatoes contain a lot of water, so there is little honey and when eating, you can’t feel the sweetness.
How to store sweet potatoes
– You should not keep sweet potatoes in the refrigerator because they may wilt or lose their characteristic aroma.
– Should be stored in a cool place, do not leave potatoes in areas with low humidity or too hot because this can cause potatoes to sprout.
– Do not use plastic bags or sealed containers for storage. The best way is to put the potatoes in a basket and place in a cool, dry place. Alternatively, you can also use newspaper to wrap each potato thoroughly before placing it in the basket.
Although it is a familiar food for many people, few people know that in addition to being processed into attractive dishes, sweet potatoes also bring many benefits to human health such as:
– Beneficial for the digestive tract, helping you avoid cases of constipation, diarrhea …
– Supports diabetes management because sweet potatoes have a low glycemic index, helping to release blood sugar more slowly than many other starchy foods.
– Supports weight loss and weight management.
– Relieves stress, extreme anxiety or depression.
– Helps prevent oxidation of the body and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
– Supports blood pressure regulation by containing many substances that help stabilize blood pressure such as potassium and magnesium.